You may or may not know, but we’re expecting Baby #2 in January 2013! The past few weeks have been a very exciting time for our family, but also filled with aggravation and severe sciatic back pains (already?! yep!). Although many people on the outside looking in expect the news of a pregnancy to be joyful, I can tell you firsthand (and as someone on her second round of pregnancy "glowing" fun) that there is more than meets the eye when it comes to pregnancy.
We’re usually spotted out quite easily in a crowd and you cannot miss us. We are the women that have one (or sometimes two) hands on our lowers back, feet in a penguin position as we prepare for the waddle, and likely releasing loud groans that have no business being called moans. No business – at all.
So far I have been extremely happy and cannot wait for January. I cannot wait! I have gone through hell, however, while trying to reactivate our "accidentally deleted from the system" health insurance policies. Oopsie! Someone made a booboo and left a 3-year-old and 2+ months pregnant woman without healthcare. Like I said – OOPSIE!
I have already discussed first trimester symptoms, so we will skip that fun stuff (until I want to complain to all of you about what is going on over here; pray this does not happen).
One problem that I always seem to have is how to properly and creatively announce our pregnancy. These days we have all of this social media stuff standing in our way from personal phone calls, letters, and announcement cards that ‘they’ used to send out ‘back in the day’. Now I am seeing people using Facebook to announce their good news. Well, I did use that… weak and overused idea. Yep. I told my friends and colleagues through Facebook.
How did you announce your pregnancy to friends and family?
Would you consider using Facebook, Twitter, or other social media outlets?
Does it seem like a crazy idea, or a smart solution?!
Don’t get me wrong or misinterpret what I am saying! Of course I told my parents, grandmother, closest friends, and family members in person or over the phone. However, I turned to Facebook for the mass announcement that I wanted to make. Why not tell over 1,000 people and skip telling them all individually? Easier, right?
Keeping in the spirit of this social media stuff, I have put together a fun list of ways to share your pregnancy announcement – online!
 If you own a blog or website, add a pregnancy countdown counter to your sidebar! That’ll get their attention!
 Send out a text or tweet saying “What rhymes with Maybe and starts with B ~ we thought you’d like to know!”
 Post a picture of yourself standing beside a “Reserved for expecting moms” sign.
 Obvious and straight to the point – post a picture of your positive pregnancy test or sonogram. Hello!
 Create a Facebook status with your due date and "coming soon".
[6 ] Create a Facebook photo album specifically for making your announcement. Insert two photos: bun + oven!
 Take a picture of your current child with a BIG sign announcing that they are going to be a big brother/sister!
 Another obvious announcement method… change your profile picture to your sonogram. Duh!
 Get a little poetic. . . ⇒ We have a little Valentine, Although it’s still brand new. You’ll meet our little Valentine, Its September, when we’re due!
Don’t like any of those ideas? Fine. Keep reading though! I guarantee you will like the idea of using at least ONE of these Facebook status’ to share the news!
*Consider using these (if applicable) as a caption attached with a sonogram or positive pregnancy test!
- …has a bun in the oven.
- …is pregnant <3
- …is hoping I’m not going to be this tired for the whole 9 months!
- …is spawning.
- …is craving pickles.
- …is growing a person.
- …is “full of life.”
- …is looking up baby names.
- …is well and truly knackered and is starting to show!
- …is going to be a baby mama!
- (Husband’s Name), is it ok if we tell everyone we are pregnant now?
- has bid adieu to her toes and will see them again on (Due Date).
- 3′s company in the (Your Last Name) household.
- (1st child name) is going to be a big sister!
- (Last Name) baby bump watch confirmed. Due in (month).
- …is knocked up.
- …is freaking out much less now than she was 12 weeks ago.
- …is going to need a bigger car.
- …is nurturing her inner child… literally.
- …is cooking a bun with her husband.
- …has a bun in the oven and it’s (Partner’s Name) fault!
- …is creating life, because that’s how I roll. Should be done the beginning to middle of April.
- I hope three is easier than two.
- …is expecting the unexpected … on or around (due date).
- …is thinking of names.
- Opps I did it again.
- …is announcing her pregnancy.
- is smuggling watermelons.
- (Your Name) + (Husband’s Name) = Baby #1
- Coming soon to a hospital near you… baby #1!
- …is growing a playmate for (1st child’s name).
- …is pregnant…what’s your excuse?!
- …has a baby in her belly.
- …is freaking out, her Easter Egg was fertilized!
- …is eating for two.
- My eggo is preggo.
- …is tickled pink!
- …is increasing her reproductive success to 1.
- Remember that great family vacation we took to the (Vacation Destination)? Looks like we brought home an unexpected souvenir.
- …apparently has two heartbeats right now.
- …is growing brains and kidneys. Hard work.
So… how will YOU announce your pregnancy to family and friends?
Will you turn to social media, or keep to the traditional phone call or in-person visits?!